How to Buy a New Car from Your Kansas City Ford Dealership
Steps To Take To Be Prepared When You Visit A Dealership Near You
Buying a new car is an exciting time in a person’s life. It marks a new chapter that will bring new memories, journeys, and experiences. For owners that have only purchased used cars or leased in the past, it is especially exciting to visit a new car dealership near you and shop for cars that have less than 100 miles on the odometer and all of the most recent advancements in car technology and accessories.
Congratulations are in order for the purchase of your future new car, but first, you have to buy that vehicle and have it in your possession. The steps to get there can be grueling and even discouraging if you aren’t prepared, or if you stumble upon a less-than-stellar new car dealership.
Let the best Ford dealership in Kansas City, Zeck Ford, walk you through the steps to prepare for your new car purchase.
Discover Your Dream New Car
You can’t shop for a dream car that you haven’t identified, right? The truth is, most new car shoppers have some idea of what they would want out of their car. If you don’t, that’s a place to start.
Any brands you have a positive opinion of? Types of vehicles you’ve always admired? Deal-breaking features you require? Consider all of these options and more. After all, you want to end up with a new car that will make you happy to drive for years to come.
As part of this discovery process, you’ll want to remember the following steps:
- Research – Look into the makes and models you’re considering, and see what you can find out about reliability, safety, and the driving experience. Even if you don’t settle on an exact make and model that you absolutely want, you should have a list that fits your lifestyle the best. This will help you narrow your options faster later in the process.
- Explore Features – Every model year of new cars brings new features and options, and if you’ve never bought a new car before it can be overwhelming when shopping at a new car dealership. Knowing you want a certain car and then being bombarded with random letter combinations that mean different things hard to digest on the spot. Take some time and familiarize yourself with the new features and options available in each of the trims you’re interested in.
- Videos – This can actually apply to all parts of the shopping process. There are videos of just about everything online. There’s a chance you’ll be able to find a driving video of cars you’re interested in or even demonstrations of new and hidden features. Nothing prepares you for sitting in a potential car like having an idea of what it looks like and knowing what to look for and test out beforehand.
Get Familiar with Financing
Many people opt to wait until they arrive at a new car dealership to obtain financing, which is perfectly fine. In fact, the financing team at our Kansas City Ford dealership is more than happy to walk you through the financing process and help you find options to afford your dream new car.
However, not all new car dealerships are properly equipped to help you through the financing process. To protect yourself and ensure you are getting the best terms, explore your options with a few outside lending services to give you an idea of what the loan terms you could get and the monthly payment you can afford. If a dealership can’t offer you an auto loan with similar terms, you always have other options to fall back on.
Start Shopping New Cars at Dealerships Near You
You’ve done a lot of research and preparation, so now is the time for the fun part. Start shopping for new cars! While you’ll need to eventually step foot in a new car dealership to test drive your potential new car, many dealers like Zeck Ford make it easy for you to shop 24/7 by sharing their inventory online. You can get started right away on that search from wherever you are!
One thing to remember when shopping is to work as hard as you can to stand firm on your requirements for your new car, this will help you feel much happier and fulfilled with your purchase. Additionally, this will help you weed out potential new car dealerships that will try to sell you any car, just to meet their quotas.
Prepare questions about the vehicle you’re interested in and the buying process in advance. For example, you might ask about:
- Different features and trims
- Coupons, rebates, specials, and other discounts
- Whether the price is negotiable
- Warranties and service agreements included with your purchase
- Warranties and service agreements you can purchase separately
Zeck Ford Is Your Go-To Kansas City New Car Dealership
Head to Zeck Ford in Leavenworth to shop and test drive the new cars in our inventory that spark your interest. We are conveniently located at 4501 S. 4th St., and we encourage you to stop in and let us treat you to a great car buying experience. We call it the Zecksperience, and it is the most customer-focused car-buying process you’ll find at any new car dealership.
Contact us if you have any other questions. We’re happy to help you find your next new car!