The Benefits of Extended Warranties in Kansas
The Best Car Warranties Protect You From Major Expenses Down the Road
As vehicles are designed to last longer and are full of desirable technologies that make owners love driving them, people are choosing to keep their vehicles for longer periods of time, rather than trading them in every few years for a newer model.
Unfortunately, most car manufacturers provide only short-term warranties – usually three years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. An extended warranty provides protection against mechanical breakdowns, electronic failures, or other issues that you’d otherwise pay lots of money out of pocket for. And when you finance a vehicle, you can even build in the purchase price of one of these valuable extended warranties straight into your car loan.
So why should you purchase an extended warranty at Zeck Ford? There are lots of good reasons!
What is an Extended Warranty?
Also called a vehicle service contract, an extended warranty is a plan you can buy to cover the cost of parts and labor your car might require during your ownership.
Extended Warranty Benefits
Extended Car Warranties Help You Care for Your Vehicle
When you have the safety net that is an extended warranty behind you, you can feel more comfortable spending money on following your vehicle’s recommended maintenance schedule rather than stashing away money just in case as you put more miles on the odometer.
Extended Warranties Cost Less Than Major Repairs
Should your transmission go out, your engine fail, or another issue occur, you can expect to pay quite a lot of money out of pocket for the repair. And for something major like a transmission, the cost of the repair far exceeds the cost of the extended warranty you purchased when you bought your car.
Extended Warranties Reduce Stress
If you’ve ever had your vehicle at the mechanic’s, then you know how frustrating it is to be without it. An extended warranty can actually ease this frustration and reduce your stress in a number of ways.
First, many extended warranties include clauses that provide a rental vehicle should yours need to stay overnight for repairs. Your mechanic, especially if you come to Zeck Ford in Leavenworth, will arrange for that vehicle for you, and can even drive you to pick it up from the rental agency.
Secondly, Zeck Ford, your Leavenworth mechanic of choice, will handle all warranty paperwork for you, so you never have to do all the legwork to ensure the costs of your repairs are fully covered.
You Can Customize Your Car Warranty
No one extended warranty is the same. When you buy a vehicle – even a used car – from Zeck Ford in Leavenworth, Kansas, you can choose from several options with a variety of coverage to meet your needs.
The price of each of these warranties depends on your coverage and duration of protection. Of course, you can renew and purchase an additional plan should you like to once your first one is expired.
Important Things to Remember About Extended Warranties
Before purchasing an extended warranty, you should know:
- These warranties do not cover every single part on your vehicle. Most do not include parts that undergo regular wear and tear, like brake pads.
- Warranties come in coverage tiers, and each has its own price, terms, and coverages. Read the fine print to know what’s covered.
- You might need to pay a deductible on certain or all repairs, depending on the extended warranty you choose. Always look into your financial obligations and make sure you’re comfortable with them. If you aren’t, Zeck Ford likely has another extended warranty option that you’ll like.
- Only you can decide if an extended warranty is right for you. We recommend them, however, to people who don’t have lots of cash in savings for unexpected repairs, especially once the standard warranty from the automaker expires. If you plan to trade in the car before it expires, however, it might not be worth purchasing the warranty.
- You can get an extended warranty on a new vehicle, but you also can get one on a used vehicle.
Buying an Extended Warranty at Zeck Ford in Leavenworth
When you find a car at our local dealership and are ready to buy it, we promise to always tell you about our extended warranties and make sure that you understand your options.
Without using high-pressure tactics, we’ll provide clear, unbiased information on available warranty products and allow you to decide whether they’re right for you. Just like we don’t make you haggle to get a good deal on a vehicle, we won’t make you haggle to get the protection plans you need.