Which Ford Vehicles Have Four-Wheel Drive and Why You Need It
Should You Be Test Driving 4WD Vehicles At Your Kansas City Ford Dealership? YES!
Many drivers are starting to expect their car to have more safety features to protect their families on the road. One of the main features that new car shoppers look for is four-wheel drive. This unique drivetrain system provides additional traction and other benefits to equipped vehicles.
We’ll take a deeper look at four-wheel drive and what it adds to your vehicle as well as some Ford vehicles that come equipped with this essential safety feature.
What Does Four-Wheel Drive Add To Ford Vehicles?
Commonly seen in larger cars like trucks and SUVs, four-wheel drive is the feature that allows cars to drive in many different terrains including:
- Desert sand dunes
- Small bodies of water
- Ice and snow
Four-wheel drive systems utilize mechanical connections to provide power to the front, center, and rear differentials. Working with transfer cases and couplings, the electrical connections help provide extra torque to each wheel individually, improving traction and control.
Although there are other traction systems on the market, four-wheel drive is the most powerful, allowing for the most extreme off-roading possible. Additionally, four-wheel drive often comes standard with different settings that personalize the experience. Different ranges provide adequate traction in all environments to only use what you need in the conditions you are traveling.
However, keep in mind that four-wheel drive vehicles tend to experience reduced fuel efficiency. If this is a dealbreaker for you, all-wheel drive or a similar traction control system may be a better fit.
Which New Cars From Ford Have Four-Wheel Drive Options?
Ford has answered the call when it comes to options to choose from that offer four-wheel drive capabilities. Head to a dealership near you and test drive one of these Ford vehicles that comes equipped with superior tractions and control.
- 2021 EcoSport: Intelligent four-wheel drive available
- 2022 Bronco & Bronco Sport: Standard 4×4 capability with Terrain Management System (TMS) featuring seven G.O.A.T. (Goes Over Any Terrain) modes
- 2022 Explorer: Intelligent four-wheel drive with TMS available
- 2022 Expedition: Optional four-wheel drive
- 2022 Ranger: Optional four-wheel drive
- 2022 F-150: Historically known for its four-wheel drive system found standard in most trim levels
With so many options to explore across all types of vehicles, it’s easy to get a taste of four-wheel drive and the difference in having it on your new car.
Test Drive a Four-Wheel Drive Ford Vehicle at the Best Kansas City Ford Dealership, Zeck Ford
While our new car inventory is available to shop online, we really shine when you come in and visit us. If you’re in the market for a new car, we invite you to head over to 4501 S. 4th St. in Leavenworth, KS. We’ll treat you to customer service unlike any other you’ll ever see, we call it the Zeckperience. Here’s what you can expect:
- Fair and transparent pricing – You pay the price you see. No smokescreens or deception.
- NO salespeople – Salespeople can be pushy and make you uncomfortable in your buying process, so we don’t employ them. Instead, our personal shoppers are committed to doing whatever they can to support you during the buying process and don’t receive commission.
- Comprehensive inspection – All of our vehicles are put through a 120-point inspection. We only offer the highest quality, so all cars must meet our standard to be sold on our lot.
- Fast and seamless buying process – Zeck Ford makes it easy to purchase your car. Giving you options to complete the process from your home, office, or wherever else you need to be. No need to waste hours at a dealership, get the heavy lifting done elsewhere. We’ll even deliver your new car to your house!
As you can see, we work to remove the pain points from the purchasing process, helping shoppers feel free to shop the new cars they are interested in without being pressured or stressed.
We are here to help when you need it! Get in touch with us anytime if you have questions or would like more information.
We’re Not Just Your Ford Dealership In Kansas City, Let Us Service Your Ford Vehicles As Well
While we take pride in being great at selling cars, we have also won awards for fixing them. Visit our full-service shop that is ready and able to tackle whatever comes up with your Ford vehicle. Our team of highly skilled and passionate technicians is the best group of specialists in Kansas City.
Get on our schedule online, or call (844) 645-5448 to make an appointment.
0 comment(s) so far on Which Ford Vehicles Have Four-Wheel Drive and Why You Need It